Friday, May 1, 2009

MESSAGE CENTER

I had bought some lovely old windows from Carol's Time and Again Treasures in Rivers. My intention was to paint on them. But I ended up selling all of them but one. These old windows are great for decorating but it is doubly nice if you can give them a new purpose.
I decided to give this one a few coats of chalkboard paint and turn it into a message center.




Make sure the glass is clean. I taped off the edges of each pane so as not to have to worry about getting paint on the frame. I gave each pane 3 coats of chalkboard paint. Before using I left them a couple of weeks to make sure that the paint had cured. Be very careful pulling off the tape as it does tend to want to pull the paint off with it.
The directions on the paint can, tell you to take a piece of chalk and using it sideways rub all over the painted area. This conditions the paint so that when you write on it the writing doesn't stay visable after you wipe it off.
Hang this up by the back door or your kitchen desk area and you can leave messages to yourself and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment